Appreciation

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

I should be posting the beta tonight... If Ian finished a bug he's suppose to fix.... :o
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
masq

Post by masq »

Drifting back to original subject...
I got back to Cacti 2 months ago after about 3 years of strugling with my own monitoring system I wrote working for isp. And I must say that it really is a nice pice of code. Not only the coding but mostly the possibilities it gives.
Great job!
UKS-Gavin

Post by UKS-Gavin »

I'm not giving you any money but this will be the second good sized corporate where I've deployed Cacti. Fantastic tool to work with, easy to install and configure (once you've got your head around it).

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the new releases.
chrisgapske
Cacti User
Location: Pensacola, Fl - Padacuh, Ky-Alpena, MI-Gulf Shores,AL

Great Job

Post by chrisgapske »

Cacti

I have been using cacti for 6mths now. I am very happy with the product. The most of the problems I have had are because I did not use a release version. Groups like yours make up a good fight and keep open source going. I am attempting to get a good donation in lue of that we were going to spend on a diffrent version of monitoring.

Just rock. We need another conference in the US. I can't be over sea's right now becuase of my company needs.

But I just want to say thank you.

If anybody would like to spend a week on the beaches of Orange Beach let me know.

You guys take vacation inlue of a donation :)
Last edited by chrisgapske on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cflong

Post by cflong »

I've been running cacti for 3 years. It's the best tool that I've found for trending and presenting performance data. Its extensibility and template system make it ideal for managing diverse systems and creating custom graphs for your environment.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the product. I'm looking forward to trying out the new features in 8.7.
helzerr
Cacti User

Post by helzerr »

I have dabbled with Cacti on-and-off again for several years now. Thank you, to all who have contributed to this marvelous open-source project.

- Ron -
Devroush

Post by Devroush »

I've been using Cacti for quite some time now. Although I just use it for my tiny home network, I made some awesome graphs and really learnt a lot from it (when I tried cacti for the first time, I didn't know what snmp was :)).

Thanks a lot!
interops

Post by interops »

had to put my name on the list! Thanks!
mokeybrains

Thanks from MonkeyBrains.net

Post by mokeybrains »

We love cacti. :)
Donating some cash right now.
greginmadison

Thanks for Cacti

Post by greginmadison »

Thanks for Cacti. From a anonymous Governmental organization in Wisconsin (Go Packers)!
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Fine. Last month, we had 3.CCC.eu; so next will be 4.CCC.eu. Currently the only known Cacti Conference, see Announcement forums for more
Reinhard
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

adinewatson wrote:Hi ,
I am constantly making small changes to best suit fit for our company, and I wanted to bragg abit, and say thanks! If I had of went with Solarwinds, or something similar, even though there are more features, I would not have the flexibility to modify to do that.
Do you mind sharing your "small changes" or at least discuss them with the community? Often "small changes" drive development ...
Reinhard
Gabriel

AWESOOOME

Post by Gabriel »

Cacti is absolutely amazing! I can always find something new and useful in plugins (what's-that-tab-you've-got-in-the-screenshot type of excitement).
To be honest, you guys are even more responsive than the commercial counterparts. Once again thanks so much for your dedication.

Cheers,
Gabriel
irfan199

Post by irfan199 »

Great software, can't find better one.
tomslick42

Donation - no - purchase? perhaps

Post by tomslick42 »

I'm a huge Cacti fan. I've been incredibly satisfied with the quality of the code and the stability of the platform. The user forums are super helpful (almost all the time).

My biggest problem is trying to find a way to get officially sanctioned "donations" from my un-named company. Is there some way to generate an invoice for Cacti? :lol:
Thomas Schenck